Sunday, 30 September 2012

NEW POEM: 'Glass'


GLASS
 

We all have mirrors

hanging in our mind’s eye.

 

They show us who we are.

Our glass core

 

If your mirror is wrong you never know

What is right

Or wrong

Or both

Or neither

Fuck you all might be completely unjustified.

I love you for these fifteen minutes and I don’t know why.

 

You never know

But the trouble is

The mirror is still tilted to the right angle for you to see

Constantly.

A prisoner to your own perception.

So you think you know. But people

Tell you otherwise.

 

I am not a narcissist I am in a house of mirrors.

‘I’m a good person.’

I want to kill myself.

If I fuck everyone then one day I might feel something.

 

There is a way to smash the mirror but broken glass is hard to get out of the carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment